Life from a saint's perspective

Sunday, October 15, 2006

Dawn to Dusk in a Bschool....

In a cruel twist of fate, the window of my room faces east!!! This makes sure that right from the start, my day is screwed… Stupid jampot!! Sun wakes up at like 5:30 here… I miss my Mumbai days….By 6, the sun finds out ways to seep through the curtains as though its single point agenda in the day were to screw my sleep over!!!

RRRRRRRRRrrrrrrrngggggggg….

Great!!! Now, the alarm bell has joined the gang…. AArgh!! Monday morning… I hate going to classes…. Minutes later, I trudge along to the breakfast table, only to be greeted by the customary bread and jam… Wonderful!!! Did they just buy a truckload of this shit and store it for the whole year??

Class one for the day: Financial Management… Look at the people doing CP… First guy is a CA gold medalist… Second one is an IIT topper… Third one is a chap who shot down 2-3 pak helicopters in the Kargil war!!! My gawd…. For a second I was fantasizing of playing Arnold Schwarzenegger’s sidekick in terminator…. Ok, next chick who speaks has done a PhD in microelectronics, worked in analog devices for three years and is now doing an fpm here….. wow!!! My own backbencher exploits in engineering college looks miniscule compared to all this… Now, if you come to think of it….why the heck did the panel choose me of all the candidates…. I began to have serious doubts….

Finally, I take the customary steps to dadus for my chai and sutta… ah, this is the best part.. friends chattin away, watching the puppies play around... juniors and seniors alike fondling them…

Last class of the day: Cost accounting… oh, when will the day end??? As I strode in, I found out that all the seats in the back rows were taken… Looks like this is going to be one hard day…. Attendance is one thing everyone in the class looks forward to…The professor because that’s the one single take-home he has from the lecture… Students bcos well, for them activity is a substitute for real achievement…. Formalities completed, we settled down for the first presentation…. Soon though, it was evident that this was no ordinary group…. My god, I did not understand a thing of what they were saying…. Did they pick up all that ineffable twaddle in bschool???? Jesus!!! And I returned to my usual routine of dreaming about my lady love…Faintly in the background, i could hear words like probability distribution and heteroskedasticity trailing off......

“so…. Would you like to comment on this?”

With one swift blow, Baba the leader of the gang shakes me out of reverie…. My god, they were expecting me to comment on this?? Why why why why why me???? Of all the 61 bakras sitting there…… I haven’t even fucking read the case!!!! Shit!!! Ok, if he is out to embarrass me, its going to be an open war!!!

“yeah, it is alright to talk fancy jargons on statistics….but in real life when faced with practical issues, I personally don’t think this approach would work…..” I franctically looked around for support…. Encrouagement….even an iota would help….thats when someone in the back bench spoke up…. And the discussion went on…and on…

Thank god!!! I think I remained inconspicuous and maintained a low profile for most of the lecture… Lesson no 1 in a bschool…. Remain inconspicuous if you wanna survive…..

The dusk was giving way to night when I walked back from a long strenuous day… As my love opened the door for me, I started to forget all about the day… “Honey, you had a tough time?” “It’s ok… Classes are a necessary evil the college imposes on all of us… The students just want good grades and a high salary…. No one is bothered about silly things like learning or paying attention in class…And I am just bothered about doing my research in Behavioral Finance…. dunno why the college asks me to lecture in accounting of all papers!!!”

Labels:

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home