Life from a saint's perspective

Wednesday, October 25, 2006

Micro level implications of earth's planetary motion on a South Indian Bschooler

It is that time of the year again when I wonder how much ever man advances technologically, he cant be too far away from the animals he has evolved out of…. WINTER…. The bears head off to hibernate… the ants have gathered their food for the whole season….. and I have said goodbye to my own peaceful life and taken refuge in the confines of my warm cozy room..

I can guess what you are thinking…. What can possibly be the connection between the seemingly monotonous planetary journey around a star heralding the sojourn of a nice harmless pleasant season on my day to day life in a bschool?????? It is the single biggest threat to my whole positioning and existence!!!

Let me start off by giving you a sneak peek into my life so far…. My real name is Karuppuchamy…. I know dude… My dad probably wanted the last piece of revenge for the years of liability I would turn out to be for him…… But it’s cool…. this problem is easily solved by christening yourself as Sam…. Everyone in college knows me by that name…. Including the profs… Thank god they do not get any sadistic pleasure out of humiliating you in front of the whole class…

Anyway, all my life I’ve lived in Kerala…You know in primary school, yer taught that there are four seasons in a year…. But no one was there to actually explain… then, as is the case now, the whole focus was on mugging the seasons and reproducing them faithfully on yer answer sheet….. Back home, we define winter as 25 degree celsius… the shops stock woolens for like 10 days in that Christmas to new year week… and that too only bcos they wanna b seen as ppl who sell all kindsa clothes… it’s the same set every year…. Anyway, for a person who comes from this alien land, you need a whole new word to describe the concept of temperatures below 10 degrees….

Lemme put this straight to you… Its not that we are weak…. “Acchhoo!!!” If I got like 5 minutes without having to sneeze, I’d kick ur butt!!!! Just last night I faced the onset of the first winter of my life….That fateful first sneeze opened the floodgates!! Cold throat pain fever wheezing….oh dear god!!! The once coolest guy on campus has become the epitome of mucus and a nose leaking like the CIA….

I know my north Indian readers cannot really empathize with the contents of this blog…Let me try and explain with an analogy… Have you ever tried putting your fingers….through your eyes….. into your brains…. and swirling around with the gelatinous pulp inside? This is how we feel EVERY SINGLE day that you people call winter!!! People who were once your friends and fans now think of innovative reasons to stay away…. “Oh Sam!!! Sorry man…. Cant make it tonight… Gotta read ethix…” That’s a double insult…First of all he is lying…and On top of that the lie is so incredulous that he thinks I have a peanut sized brain!! Who on earth would buy that???

But the winter has its advantages too…it comes with a whole new parcel of excuses to skip classes, assignments and what not… yeah I know… inventing excuses is no big deal…anyone on earth can do that!!! But the beauty of this package is that no one can get mad at you!!! And it lasts for like the whole season... today flu.. u can use that for the whole week… next week, cold and throat pain….use it for a coupla days….next week wheezing or asthma, depending on the number of days you wanna frax….

All in all, the winter term is pretty enjoyable… less stressful, more events, inter college sports meet…. Just a small glitch…. The cool guy cant take so much cold…

Labels:

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home